Would you believe that we are almost in July? That can mean only one thing… The school holidays are almost upon us.
Whilst it’s easy to keep your little angels entertained in the summer months with trips to the beach and outdoor activities; the winter months can sometimes prove more of a challenge.
Here are 6 ways to keep your wee ones happy and busy in the July holidays…
- Love your library – We’re so lucky in Nelson and Tasman to have such great library facilities. There’s always plenty on for the young ones. Check out the Nelson library website HERE, and Tasman library website HERE.
- Get board not bored – Organise a board game Olympics with your favourite old school board games; ask friends around and get several games going at once.
- Get crafty – Not sneaky… Just crafty! Challenge your children to create something wonderful with egg boxes, cereal cartons and plastic milk bottles, junk modelling is a great way to let their imaginations run riot.
- Bring the outside in – By making a miniature garden… Go hunting and gathering for moss, leaves, twigs, shells and pebbles when the weather is dry, then use foil trays to make a mini garden. Add some toy figures from the collection you’ll no doubt have at home.
- Give them a job – I’m not talking about chores… Check out the Keeper Kids Program at the fabulous Natureland Wildlife Trust. Your little critters will get to experience a day in the life of a Natureland Zookeeper.
- Teach them a life skill – My kids cooking school is a great way to show your youngsters what fun cooking can be. Courses are available for kids aged 5 to teens. Your kids will be taught how to cook a meal or treat (depending on age) that they can sample at cooking school and bring home. We’ll also supply the recipe so they can make their creation again at home! All ingredients are included in the cost of the course. ENROL HERE!