What a fabulous wedding season it’s been at Gourmet Catering. We’ve had a record year and have been delighted to feed guests at twenty-seven Nelson weddings.
We know that some couples will be in full planning mode for next summer, so we thought we’d help you along and share our top tips for ensuring that your wedding catering is a breeze!
Catering for Nelson Weddings – Gourmet Catering’s 5 top tips:
- Celebrate the season – It makes sense to use seasonal food. Not only will seasonal morsels taste better, because they’ll be sourced locally, and therefore beautifully fresh, it may also help to keep you within your catering budget. At Gourmet Catering we’re happy to advise you on the best seasonal foods available and how we can be fabulously creative with them.
- Know your numbers – When you first meet with your caterer, it’s good to have an idea of numbers. That way they can help you decide on the style of food and dining options that are most appropriate. If it’s a large wedding, you might want to consider a buffet or grazing table. If you’re planning a small, intimate wedding, you might prefer a sit-down plated menu. At Gourmet Catering we have the staff and experience to prepare to sit down meals for hundreds of people, so the final decision is always yours, but we are happy to advise on different options. Having an idea of your numbers will also help you budget. We know that you probably can’t finalise the guest list until closer to the big day, but a rough idea of numbers will help us quote as accurately as we can.
- Delight those guests with dietary requirements – If you include an RSVP card with your invitations, it’s a good idea to add a note that asks your guests to advise you if they have any dietary requirements. That way, we can plan some suitable options for them.
- Share the love – The love of food that is! Grazing tables and dessert or cheese platters are a great way to incorporate the popular ‘sharing’ theme into your wedding catering!
- Check out your caterer’s address book – At Gourmet Catering we’ve been catering Nelson weddings for decades. So, we have a little black book full of useful contacts. If you’re struggling to find a florist, celebrant, photographer or venue talk to us. We might be able to help!
Catering for Nelson Weddings is our speciality! We will only commit to one wedding per week to ensure that we can give the time and attention that your special day deserves. We are currently taking bookings for the upcoming wedding season with ten weddings already booked. Call us on 027 667 2837 for your free, no obligation appointment to discuss your wedding catering.