What a fabulous summer holiday it’s been, but with everybody back at school this week, the daily dose of deciding what should go into the lunch boxes is upon us…
It’s so easy to reach for the loaf, and whilst that’s not necessarily a bad thing, I’ve put together a list of 5 great lunch box favourites that forgo the bread!
- Apple Wedges and Peanut Butter, for a protein hit – Slice your little darlings an apple, (top tip – squeeze a little lemon juice over to prevent browning), pop them in a container and then fill another container with good quality peanut butter for dipping.
- Apple Wraps – This one starts with a sliced apple too. Next take a thin wedge of cheddar cheese, then wrap both the apple and cheese in a slice of ham or prosciutto. Perfect parcels of goodness for your perfect prince or princess!
- Savoury Lunch Box Fun-Do – Cube some cooked chicken, ham and cheese into bite sized cubes; slice carrots, cucumber and celery into sticks and pop all into a small container. Fill another with salsa or hummus and hey presto… You have a new take on fondue!
- Cucumber and Cream Cheese Sailing Boats – The mini cucumbers you can buy at Benge & Co are great for these. Slice the mini cucumbers in half and remove the seeds. Fill with cream cheese. Top with grated carrots and add thin wedges of cheddar cheese to serve as the sails on your boats.
- Chicken and Lettuce Wraps – Combine some chopped cooked chicken, apples, grapes, almond butter and honey, mix it all together and pop into a container. Add some good Romain or Cos lettuce leaves to the lunch bag, and let your littlie make their own bread free wraps at lunch time.
Of course it won’t be long until the holidays are upon us again, and I’ve already started planning my very popular cooking schools. I’m now offering you the convenience of booking online. Once you have ordered, you’ll receive an invoice with bank details, and as soon as you have paid, your little cherubs place is confirmed!
Order your child’s or teen’s place online HERE.